DEKALB, ASGROW AND DELTAPINE AGRONOMY WEEK 2022 SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Sweepstakes Entry Period. The “Sweepstakes Entry Period” begins at 12:00:01 A.M. Central Time on May 18, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. Central Time on May 28, 2022. Sponsor’s computer will be the official clock for the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility. The DEKALB®, Asgrow® and Deltapine® Agronomy Week 2022 Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 50 United States (excluding Rhode Island), and the District of Columbia who, during the Sweepstakes Entry Period, are: (a) at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in their state of residence, if higher than 18, and (b) a farmer whose primary source of income is from commercial farming operations. Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents and representatives and their immediate families or members of their household (i.e., spouse, partner, parents, children, siblings, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents and grandchildren, regardless of where they live) of Bayer CropScience LP (“Sponsor”), or its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, divisions and advertising, promotion, public relations agencies, are not eligible to enter or win.
3. How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, an eligible person may enter as follows, with a limit of one (1) entry per person regardless of entry method used
ENTRY METHOD 1: Website Entry. Enter by visiting the website www.AgronomyWeek.com and submitting the Entry Form including your full name, email address, phone number, and street address. The Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted through the Website Entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holders.
ENTRY METHOD 2: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To receive an entry into the Sweepstakes, an eligible person should print his or her name, e-mail address, phone number and address on a plain 3” x 5” piece of paper. The entry must be mailed in an envelope no larger than #10 (business-size envelope), with sufficient postage affixed, to: DAD Agronomy Week 2022 Sweepstakes, Attn: Florence Kesselheim, 800 N. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63167. Limit one mailed entry per outer-mailing envelope. All mail-in entries must be postmarked during the relevant Sweepstakes Entry Period. Mail-in entries that are not received by the close of the relevant Sweepstakes Entry Period will be considered late and will not be accepted.
Only complete and valid entries will be eligible. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes. Eligible entrants agree that Sponsor shall retain full authority, in its sole discretion, to interpret and administer these Official Rules, and entrants agree to be bound by all decisions and interpretations made in good faith by the Sponsor, or its designee.
All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries that are late, incomplete, garbled/jumbled, illegible, misdirected, lost, damaged, delayed, stolen or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are void. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other website or e-mail address, including, without limitation, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctioning of any telephone network, computer hardware or software; any failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any combination thereof; or for any error, human, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any fraudulent entries or any individual it finds tampering with the operation or entry process of the Sweepstakes or acting in violation of these Official Rules. If, for any reason, an entry is determined by Sponsor to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if feasible; if not feasible for any reason, Sponsor shall not have any liability to entrant in conjunction with same.
4. Winner Selection.
- Sweepstakes Prize. On or about May 31, 2022, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) entry, from all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Entry Period, to receive the Sweepstakes Prize as described below (“Sweepstakes Prize Winner”).
Decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If a potential winner does not respond within five (5) business days of the first notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules or declines to accept any prize, the potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion and, in such case, Sponsor may select an alternate winner based on a random drawing.
- Sweepstakes Prize: One (1) winner will receive the DEKALB Asgrow Deltapine Agronomy Week 2022 Sweepstakes at the Field of Dreams movie site, which includes a $200 Baseballism Gift Card, and a 3-day/2-night trip for up to four (4) people. In addition, with the stay, the winner will have exclusive access to the original Field of Dreams field and can play a game/catch with their three guests in Dyersville, Iowa and stay in the Field of Dreams Farm Home, between July 1, 2022 and December 31, 2023. The 3-day/2-night trip includes (i) round-trip coach air transportation for up to four (4) people from a major airport in the U.S. nearest the winner’s home to Dyersville, Iowa – the winner and all guests must travel from one departure location and must travel on the same itinerary; (ii) lodging accommodations, double occupancy, for two (2) nights; (iii) ground transfers to/from the airport, Field of Dreams site while in Dyersville, Iowa; and (iv) provision of all meals. All other expenses not specified herein, including flight insurance (if applicable), travel insurance, and personal expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner and the winner’s guests. All travel arrangements must be made by a travel agent designated by Sponsor and travel must take place on dates specified by Sponsor which are subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Travel prizes are subject to terms and conditions of travel service providers. Certain restrictions and black-out dates may apply. The ARV of the Sweepstakes Prize is $5,000. The ARV of the Sweepstakes Prize is subject to fluctuations in airfare and the value may vary depending on the location of the departure city. Any difference in the stated ARV and the actual value of the Sweepstakes Prize will not be awarded.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitution or cash redemption of any Prize, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of any winner to accept or use any Prize (or portion thereof) for any reason. No more than the stated Prizes will be awarded. Limit of one (1) Prize per family/household/address. Winner is solely responsible for all unspecified costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty, representation or guarantee of any kind by Sponsor. Transfer of Prize is not permitted without the permission of Sponsor which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion and without liability of any kind. A Prize value as stated represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of approximate retail value of prizes.
6. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning each Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
7. Claiming the Prize. Potential Sweepstakes Prize Winners will be notified by phone or, if the call or voicemail is unanswered, by e-mail on or about May 31, 2022. In the event that Sponsor cannot contact a potential winner of any Prize despite reasonable, in its sole discretion, attempts, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, randomly select a new, alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries received. Return of any Prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return to the address requested an Affidavit and Liability/Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of receipt of the Prize Claim Documents. If such documents are not returned to Sponsor prior to such deadline, any Prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential winner shall be disqualified, and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor in a new random drawing from the remaining eligible entries. Except where prohibited by law, each winner also grants Sponsor and its designees the right to use the winner’s full name, hometown, images and likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes, including print, broadcast and on-line announcements, without further compensation than the said prize and at no expense to the winner, and Sponsor shall not be obligated to make any such use.
8. Taxes. Each winner is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Sponsor will issue winners of prizes valued at $600 or over an IRS 1099 Tax Form, and winner agrees to fully cooperate in complying with applicable governmental reporting requirements. If requested by Sponsor, the potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor an IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving the Prize. Failure to complete, sign and return a W-9 will result in the winner being disqualified, and in such case Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate winner in a random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
9. General. Each entrant agrees to, accepts and shall abide by these Official Rules and agrees that any disputes shall be resolved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify, amend or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including without limitation due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or force majeure or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s control. Sweepstakes void where prohibited or restricted. If any provision of this Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this Sweepstakes or in the announcement of any winner(s) or Prize(s). In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation.
10. DISPUTES RESOLUTION. THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF MISSOURI WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in the Promotion, the entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in St. Louis County, Missouri having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. Release. By participating, each entrant agrees to hold harmless Sponsor and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from any liability whatsoever, and waive and release such parties from any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional) arising out of or in connection with the event or acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any prize, participation in any promotion-related activity, or participation in the promotion, whether under a theory of contract, torts (including, without limitation, negligence), warranty, or any other theory or cause of action.
12. Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Bayer CropScience LP, 800 N. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63167.
13. Winner List. Sponsor will provide name of winner upon request. To obtain Sweepstakes winner details, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Florence Kesselheim at 800 N. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63167.
14. Official Rules. To obtain a copy of the “Official Rules” for the Sweepstakes, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Florence Kesselheim at 800 N. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63167. The Official Rules are also available at www.AgronomyWeek.com.