January 7, 2021
- The characterization of new products helps provide product placement information for consumers and Asgrow® representatives.
- The objective of this comparison was to evaluate Asgrow® brand XtendFlex® soybeans under dryland and irrigated environments.
RESEARCH SITE DETAILS
|Soil Type||Hord silt loam|
- In this trial, nine Asgrow® brand XtendFlex® soybean products were grown under dryland and irrigated environments.
- This comparison used single-replication, large plots or 0.13 acres and 0.03 acres for dryland and irrigated plots, respectively.
- No statistical analysis was performed.
- The irrigated plots were sprinkler-irrigated.
- Fertility, applied with a Chafer Fertilizer Streambar on 4/14/20, included 50 lb phosphorus/acre, 11 lb sulfur/acre, and 20 lb nitrogen/acre.
- Weeds were controlled as necessary and no other pesticides were used in this study.
Figure 1. Asgrow® AG26XF1 brand under dryland (left) and irrigated (right) environments. Bayer Research Center, Gothenburg Water Utilization Center, Gothenburg, NE (2020).
UNDERSTANDING THE RESULTS
Figure 2. Average yield of nine Asgrow® brand XtendFlex® Soybeans under dryland and irrigated environments. Bayer Research Center, Gothenburg Water Utilization Center, Gothenburg, NE (2020).
- The Asgrow® brand XtendFlex® soybeans responded positively to irrigation with an increase of 11+ bu/acre compared to the dryland environment.
- This study provides an estimate for the performance of Asgrow® brand XtendFlex® soybeans under dryland and irrigated environments.