- To evaluate the response of two DEKALB® corn products to three different row widths and three different seeding rates.
Research Site Details
- The experiment was planted at the Regional Technology Center (RTC) in Maxton, NC in 0.5-acre plots on conventionally-tilled, flat ground in two replications.
- Each treatment was sub-irrigated and received 300 units of nitrogen. All other agronomic practices were per local standards. Treatments included:
- Two DEKALB® brand corn products:
- —— DKC65-95 brand
- —— DKC67-44 brand
- Row spacings:
- —— 20-inch single row
- —— 30-inch single row
- —— 38-inch single row
- Seeding rates:
- —— 32,000 seeds/acre
- —— 36,000 seeds/acre
- —— 39,000 seeds/acre
Understanding the Results
• At this location, yields generally increased with increased seeding rate and narrowed row widths. • DKC67-44 brand had a slight advantage over DKC65-95 brand on 20-inch row spacing; the converse occurred with 30-inch row spacing. Both corn products had similar yields with 38-inch row spacing.
What Does This Mean for Your Farm?
Results from this study are consistent with previous data that narrowing row width can help increase yield potential.