The objectives of this study were to:
Demonstrate the length of soil activity with XtendiMax® Herbicide with VaporGrip® Technology on broadleaf weed species.
Evaluate competitor herbicides, Enlist One® Herbicide with Colex-D® Technology and Enlist Duo® Herbicide with Colex-D® Technology for soil activity on broadleaf weed species.
XtendiMax with VaporGrip Technology is most effective when used in conjunction with traditional residual herbicides in pre- and post-emergence applications that have different, effective sites of action, along with other diversified weed management practices.
RESEARCH SITE DETAILS
|Soil Type||Silty Clay Loam|
- Plot size was 10 x 30 ft with two replications in a randomized complete block design.
- Select Max® herbicide was applied to the entire plot before all treatments in this study to remove grass weeds.
- Treatments were applied post-emergence to 4- to 6-inch weeds.
- Weed control was measured at 14 and 21 days after treatment.
- The main weed species present were waterhemp and pigweed.
UNDERSTANDING THE RESULTS
- All plots treated with XtendiMax® with VaporGrip® Technology had waterhemp and pigweed control at or above 90% at 14 days after treatment. At 21 days, control was less, but still over 85% in all plots treated with XtendiMax with VaporGrip Technology (Figure 1).
- At 21 days after treatment, weed control for competitor products was 80% or less than the treatments with XtendiMax with VaporGrip Technology (Figure 1).
- Other competitor herbicides had no discernable soil activity (Figure 2).
- At 21 days after treatment, new weed emergence was present in all plots. The plots with XtendiMax herbicide showed the higher level of control than the plots treated with competitor herbicides (Figure 2).
Spraying XtendiMax® Herbicide with VaporGrip® Technology allows for postemergence control of broadleaf weeds, such as waterhemp and pigweed, and also provides soil activity advantage for up to 14 days. XtendiMax with VaporGrip Technology is available for upfront broadleaf weed control, when added to the residual herbicides like Warrant® or Warrant® Ultra herbicide provides excellent preemergence weed control.