- It is important for any farming operation to consider individual soybean product adaptation to soil type when selecting soybean products. Demonstration large plot trials were conducted to evaluate the yield potential of current and new Asgrow® soybean products on silt loam and heavy clay soil types.
RESEARCH SITE DETAILS
|Soil Type||Commerce silt loam
- Treatments consisted of 15 Asgrow® soybean brands planted in two different soil types: Commerce silt loam (SAND) with a CEC of 18 meq/100g, and Sharkey clay (CLAY) with a CEC of 45 meq/100g.
- AG43X0 brand
- AG44XF1 brand
- AG45X8 brand
- AG45XF0 brand
- AG46X0 brand
- AG46X6 brand
- AG46XF0 brand
- AG47X9 brand
- AG47XF0 brand
- AG48X9 brand
- AG48XF0 brand
- AG52X9 brand
- AG53X0 brand
- AG53X9 brand
- AG55X7 brand
- The trial was conducted on single replication large plots: 0.15 acre plots. Seeding rate for both soil types was 120,000 and emergence on both soil types was approximately 80%.All weed control, insect control, and irrigation inputs were applied per local standards.
- Plots were harvested with a commercial harvest equipment and data were collected using the Climate FieldView™ Platform and Precision Planting® YieldSense™ yield monitoring systems.
- All yields were corrected to 13.5% moisture.
UNDERSTANDING THE RESULTS
Most of the soybean products in this trial demonstrated acceptable yield potential in these production systems (Figure 1).
The new 2021 Asgrow® XtendFlex® soybean products (AG44XF1, AG45XF0, AG46XF0, AG47XF0, and AG48XF0) were competitive with existing, well-adapted products (Figure 1).
Current and new Asgrow® brand soybeans offer growers high yield potential options. Differences exist, so selecting the proper soybean product for the production environment is important.
Prior to placing soybean products on their farm, growers should consult with their local Bayer® seed representative to ensure proper placement regarding yield potential, disease package, and soil type adaptation for each product.