2020 DEKALB AND ASGROW COMMODITY CLASSIC TRIP SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Sweepstakes Entry Period: The “Sweepstakes Entry Period” will be stated on Sponsor’s Official Facebook Page and will be as follows: 12:00 a.m. CT on 2/27/2020 – 11:59 CT on 3/5/2020. Sponsor’s computer will be the official clock of the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: 2020 DEKALB and Asgrow Commodity Classic Trip Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal U.S. residents residing in the 50 United States, excluding Rhode Island, or the District of Columbia, who are at least: (a) 18 years of age or (b) the age of majority in their state of residence, if higher than 18, at the time of entry, and have or open a free Facebook account. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate families or members of their household (spouse and parents, children, siblings, and each of their spouses, regardless of where they live) of Monsanto Company, a member of the Bayer Group (the “Sponsor”), or its affiliates, and print production agencies, and anyone connected with the administration, production or distribution of this Sweepstakes, and winners of the 2021 NCGA yield contest, are not eligible to enter or win.
3. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, an eligible person can enter by posting a photograph on Sponsor’s official Facebook page with the entrant’s goals for the 2020 season that complies with these Official Rules] (an “Entry”). All Entries must: (a) comply with all Facebook Terms of Service and Rules and these Official Rules; (b) be in good taste and appropriate for Sponsor’s audience, in Sponsor’s sole discretion; (c) not include or reference any persons other than the entrant, or any brands, logos, names or creative works, other than those created by or owned by either entrant or Sponsor; and (d) not be offensive or disparaging or infringing of any rights of others. Limit one entry per person and per Facebook account during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
Entries that do not comply with the terms of the Sweepstakes will result in disqualification. Incomplete or illegible entries will not be considered. Sweepstakes is subject to change without notification in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries will be void if electronically or mechanically reproduced, forged, defective, altered or obtained through unauthorized channels or if they contain production, typographical, electronic, mechanical or other errors. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove and/or disqualify any entry at any time which, in Sponsor’s opinion, is offensive, contains unsuitable material, endangers the safety or wellbeing of any person, or if it is determined the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries; all of which will be void in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
By entering, a person grants a complete release of Facebook, and acknowledges and agrees that this Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
4. License Grant: Posting an Entry constitutes entrant’s full agreement to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Entry and any component thereof, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including without limitation for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documents that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the Entry. By entering, you warrant and represent that your Entry does not infringe on any rights of any third parties, and you further agree that your Entry conforms to these Official Rules.
5. Winner Selection: On or about 3/19/2020, Sponsor will randomly select one Entry, from all entries throughout the Sweepstakes Entry Period, to receive the Prize, as defined below.
Decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Prizes are not transferable. No substitution or cash redemption of any prize, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If a potential winner does not respond within five business days of the first notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules or declines to accept any prize, the potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and in such case Sponsor may select an alternate winner based on a random drawing. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
6. Prize: One (1) Prize winner will be awarded a 5-day, 4-night trip for the winner and one (1) guest to the 2021 Commodity Classic in San Antonio, Texas. The 5-day/4-night trip includes (i) round trip coach air transportation for two (2) people from the major U.S. airport nearest the winner’s home to San Antonio, Texas - the winner and their guest must travel from one departure location and must travel on the same itinerary; (ii) standard hotel accommodations, double occupancy, for four (4) nights; (iii) ground transfers to/from the airport and hotel while in San Antonio, Texas; (iv) Commodity Classic Convention registration for two (2) people; and (v) certain meals provided at Sponsor’s sole discretion (“Prize”), having an approximate retail value of $3,000. The ARV of the Prize is subject to fluctuations in airfare and the value may vary depending on the location of the departure city. Any difference in the stated ARV and the actual value of the Prize will not be awarded. All other expenses not specified herein, including flight insurance, travel insurance, meals and personal expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. All travel arrangements must be made by travel agent designated by Sponsor and travel must take place on dates specified by Sponsor which are subject to change at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If winner and guest are unable or unwilling to travel on the dates specified, the Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Travel prizes are subject to terms and conditions of travel service providers. Certain restrictions and black-out dates may apply.
7. Odds of winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
8. Claiming the Prize: Sponsor will notify potential winners by sending a Facebook message to the potential winner on or about 4/5/2020. The potential winners will also be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within 14 days of receipt of such documents from Sponsor. If such documents are not returned to Sponsor prior to such deadline, any prize won may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential winner shall be disqualified, and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor in a new random drawing from the remaining eligible entries. In the event that more than one prospective winner is named for any one prize, 1 winner will be selected via a random drawing. Except where prohibited by law, the winner also grants Sponsor the right to use the winner’s submission, full name, hometown, images and likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes, including print, broadcast and on-line announcements, without further compensation than the said prize and at no expense to the winner, and Sponsor shall not be obligated to make any such use.
9. Taxes. Each winner is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. When required by federal law, Sponsor will report the names of the winner and the value of the prize won to the Internal Revenue Service. If requested by Sponsor, the potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor an IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving the Prize. Failure to complete, sign and return a W-9 will result in the winner being disqualified, and in such case Sponsor will select an alternate winner in a random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
10. General: Each entrant agrees to, accepts and shall abide by these Official Rules and agrees that any disputes shall be resolved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Proof of entry is not proof of entry receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify, amend or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including without limitation due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or force majeure or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s control. Without limitation, an entrant’s entry will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, if entrant attempts (i) to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules; or (ii) provides information that is inaccurate or fraudulent; or (iii) attempts to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Sweepstakes void where prohibited or restricted. If any provision of this Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this Sweepstakes or in the announcement of any winner(s) or prize(s). In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. In addition, any dispute relating to the Sweepstakes (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in Missouri. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts.
11. Release. By participating, each entrant agrees to hold harmless Facebook and Sponsor, and participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies from any liability whatsoever, and waive and release such parties from any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional) arising out of or in connection with the event or acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any prize, participation in any promotion-related activity, or participation in the promotion, whether under a theory of contract, torts (including, without limitation, negligence), warranty, or any other theory or cause of action.
12. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Monsanto Company, a member of the Bayer Group, 800 N. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63167. Sponsor will provide list of winners upon request. To obtain a list of the Sweepstakes winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Colin Pennington, 800 N. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63167.