DEKALB BRAND CHASE FOR THE CORN SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Sweepstakes Entry Period. The “Sweepstakes Entry Period” begins at 12:00:01 A.M. Central Time on October 17, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. Central Time on October 24, 2021. Sponsor’s computer will be the official clock for the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility. The DEKALB® Brand Chase for the Corn Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to farmers who are legal residents of the U.S. (excluding Rhode Island, New York and Florida) who, during the Sweepstakes Entry Period are (a) at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in their state of residence, if higher than 18 and (b) have an account on Facebook.com as of the beginning of the Sweepstakes Entry Period (each an “Entrant”). Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents and representatives and their immediate families or members of their household (i.e., spouse, partner, parents, children, siblings, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents and grandchildren, regardless of where they live) of Bayer Crop Science LC (“Sponsor”), or its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, divisions and advertising, promotion, public relations agencies, excluding official Bayer dealers, are not eligible to enter or win.
3. How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, an eligible person may enter by logging into his or her Facebook account and doing the following:
o Go to DEKALB® Asgrow® Facebook page
o Select the “Like” button for the Chase for the Corn Event
By “liking” the Facebook event, entrant will receive one (1) entry into the sweepstakes. No more than one entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. No Entrant may use more than one Facebook account to enter the Sweepstakes.
Only complete and valid entries will be eligible. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes. Eligible entrants agree that Sponsor shall retain full authority, in its sole discretion, to interpret and administer these Official Rules, and entrants agree to be bound by all decisions and interpretations made in good faith by the Sponsor, or its designee.
All entries will become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the status of any entry. Entries that do not comply with the rules of the Sweepstakes will result in disqualification. Incomplete or illegible entries or entry material will not be considered. Entries will be void if electronically or mechanically reproduced, forged, defective, altered or obtained through unauthorized channels or if they contain production, typographical, electronic, mechanical or other errors. Sweepstakes is subject to change without notification in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time which, in Sponsor’s opinion, is offensive, contains unsuitable material, endangers the safety or well-being of any person, or if it is determined the Entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, not visible or misdirected entries; all of which will be void in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the Authorized Account Holder of the email address associated with the Facebook account used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holders.
By entering, a person grants a complete release of Facebook, and acknowledges and agrees that this Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
4. Winner Selection.
On or about November 3, 2021, Sponsor will randomly select four (4) entries, from all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Entry Period, to each receive the Prize as described below (each, a “Winner”).
Decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If a potential prize winner does not respond within five (5) business days of the first notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules or declines to accept any prize, the potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion and, in such case, Sponsor may select an alternate winner based on a random drawing.
● Four (4) winners will each receive 24 bags of corn seed (each a “Prize”) selected from the dealer of the Winner’s choice. ARV: $8,160 per Prize. Winners will select their seed from the dealer of his or her choice, up to a value of $340 per bag, who will provide Sponsor with an invoice of purchase and will be credited for the sale.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitution or cash redemption of any Prize, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Winners will select their seed from dealer who will provide invoice of purchase and will be credited for the sale. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of any winner to accept or use any Prize (or portion thereof) for any reason. No more than the stated Prizes will be awarded. Limit of one (1) one Prize per person. Each Prize Winner is solely responsible for all unspecified costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty, representation or guarantee of any kind by Sponsor. Transfer of Prize is not permitted without the permission of Sponsor which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion and without liability of any kind. A Prize value as stated represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of approximate retail value of prizes.
6. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning each Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
7. Claiming the Prize. Prize Winners will be notified by email or by phone call on or about November 4, 2021. In the event that Sponsor cannot contact a potential winner of any Prize despite reasonable (in its sole discretion) attempts, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, randomly select a new, alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries received for a Prize. Return of any Prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return to the address requested an Affidavit and Liability/Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of receipt of the Grand Prize Claim Documents. If such documents are not returned to Sponsor prior to such deadline, any Prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential winner shall be disqualified, and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor in a new random drawing from the remaining eligible entries. Except where prohibited by law, each winner also grants Sponsor and its designees the right to use the winner’s full name, hometown, images and likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes, including print, broadcast and on-line announcements, without further compensation than the said prize and at no expense to the winner, and Sponsor shall not be obligated to make any such use.
8. Taxes. Each winner is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. If applicable, Sponsor will issue winners of prizes valued at $600 or over an IRS 1099 Tax Form, and winner agrees to fully cooperate in complying with applicable governmental reporting requirements. If requested by Sponsor, the potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor an IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving the Prize. Failure to complete, sign and return a W-9 will result in the winner being disqualified, and in such case Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate winner in a random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
9. Termination. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without notice, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Examples of reasons for termination or modification of the Sweepstakes may include (without limitation) Sponsor’s inability to reasonably or fairly conduct or administer the Sweepstakes due to business changes, viruses, malware, security breaches, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control. If Sponsor modifies, cancels, terminates, or suspends the Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, randomly select winners from all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Official Rules. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. General. Each entrant agrees to, accepts and shall abide by these Official Rules and agrees that any disputes shall be resolved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sweepstakes void where prohibited or restricted. If any provision of this Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this Sweepstakes or in the announcement of any winner(s) or Prize(s). In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation.
11. DISPUTES RESOLUTION. THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF MISSOURI WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in the Promotion, the entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in St. Louis County, Missouri having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Release. By participating, each entrant agrees to hold harmless Sponsor and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from any liability whatsoever, and waive and release such parties from any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional) arising out of or in connection with the event or acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any prize, participation in any promotion-related activity, or participation in the promotion, whether under a theory of contract, torts (including, without limitation, negligence), warranty, or any other theory or cause of action.
13. Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Bayer Crop Science LC, 800 N. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63167.
14. Winners List. Sponsor will provide list of winners upon request. To obtain a list of the Sweepstakes winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: OBP Agency, Attn: Ashleigh Christopherson, 914 Spruce Street, St. Louis, MO 63102.
15. Official Rules. To obtain a copy of the “Official Rules” for the Sweepstakes, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: OBP Agency, Attn: Ashleigh Christopherson, 914 Spruce Street, St. Louis, MO 63102.